If you commute to work or pack lunches for your kids to go to school, then you have probably gone through a ton of plastic Ziploc bags. But now, thanks to this cool little company called SnackTaxi, you can use reusable bags for your sandwiches and snacks, and avoid using plastic bags altogether.
SnackTaxi was recently featured on Oprah’s Earth Day special, and thanks to that moment of fame (and the fact that Oprah loves their products) this little family-run company is finally getting the exposure they deserve. Yay times 2!
EnviroFacts From SnackTaxi…
Here are some sobering enviro facts on plastic from the SnackTaxi card (which comes with each SnackTaxi reusable bag…)
- Each year, an estimated 500 billion to 1 trillion plastic bags are consumed worldwide. That’s over 1 million per minute.
- Worldwide, an estimated 4 billion plastic bags end up as litter each year.
- Each reusable bag you use has the potential to eliminate an average of 1,000 plastic bags over the course of its lifetime.
This little bag can make a world of difference, which is really cool.
Why I Love SnackTaxi Reusable Sandwich and Snack Bags
I’ve had these Snack Taxi reusable sandwich bags for about a month now, and I love them.
Let me count the ways…
- They completely eliminatethe need for Ziploc bags. No Plastic = Happiness For Me!
- They’re funky and colorful. Why would you want to take a boring old Ziploc to work when you could have one of these? And, SnackTaxi has tons of designs, many which will appeal to kids. Think of how much your kids would love to have a funky sandwich bag…
- SnackTaxi reusable sandwich bags are very well made. I’ve taken these on picnics, and across the country on a plane trip. Nothing leaked or spilled out.
- SnackTaxi is family run. They were invented by Erin Kelly-Dill, a mother of 3 who got tired of using hundreds of plastic bags for her kids’ lunches. She got creative, and now owns a booming business that not only helps the environment in a big way, but provides jobs to local sewers in western Massachusetts.
- They’re also completely washable. I usually just rinse mine out, but if I get a major jam smear or something on the inside, then I just throw it in the wash and let it air dry.
- These SnackTaxis will hold anything. Yes, the bigger size is perfect for sandwiches, but the small snack bags are great for almonds, dried fruit, cookies, crackers, cut apples…you name it. And because of the way the lid folds over, it makes a seal so that crumbs won’t fall out.
There’s nothing I don’t love about these little cuties. They’re colorful, they’re eco-friendly, and they’re cheap. Compared to all the good they do, I think $8.95 is a bargain. And, they’ll last a long time, especially if you hand wash them.
Want to check them out?
Head over to SnackTaxi.com to have a look.