Well, we finally get our book done this weekend. Introduction to Container Homes and Buildingsis finally done, at almost 100 pages! Whoo-hoo!
Alex and I have been amazed at the response so far, so if you want to pick up a copy (a bargain at $9.95) then you’d better get on it!
The book is an introduction to building with ISBU containers. You’re going to learn:
- Why ISBUs are one of the most frugal ways to build a home
- What’s possible with ISBU construction
- The benefits of living in an ISBU home (including how much you can save living in these structures)
- How to make your ISBU home look just like any other home
- Roofing options that will save you literally thousands of dollars on your build
- 20 house plans that illustrate what you can do with ISBU containers (plus the build budget for each design)
- Options for insulating your ISBU
- What you’ll face when you go get financing for your ISBU build
- The benefits of using 20′ containers instead of 40′ containers
- And much more
Now, this book isn’t the gigantioid “How-To” book we’re still currently working on. That book, when it’s done in a few months, will be a step-by-step guide to building an ISBU home. It will cover everything from selecting the best ISBU container, to pouring foundations, and putting on a roof.
Everything you need to know in order to build an ISBU will be in that book. So, it’s going to be a tome.
This smaller e-book is like Round 1 to the series. And at almost 100 pages, it’s a huge bargain. There is some fantastic information in here (especially about roofing options and insulation) that won’t be in the next book. And the houseplans are worth the $9.95 by themselves.
If you’re interested in frugality and possibly building your own ISBU home one day, then you won’t want to miss this series. Again, I would not be working on this project if I didn’t believe in it 100%. Alex knows more about ISBU construction than anyone, and some of the tips he has in here you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Want to give it a look? Head over to our site, www.containerhomebooks.com.
Now that this is wrapped up, I’ll be back to regular posting this week!